This is not a common problem, but if you’re trying to install an iOS app and it gets stuck “Waiting…” without any of the progress bars moving, downloading, or installing, you can fix this fairly easily.
Here are a few options to fix this problem …
- Tap the app icon so that it says “Paused” and then tap that app icon again to see if it starts downloading.
- Reestablish your Internet connection. Go to Settings and turn Airplane mode on and then off.
- Do you have enough space on your device to install the new app? You’ll typically get a warning if this is the case, but it’s worth checking. Go to Settings > General > About to see how much space you have left. To free up space, delete some unused apps or remove some pictures or videos from your Photo Library.
- You may also try to reboot the iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch by holding down the power button for 3 seconds and then swiping to turn off your device. Most of us don’t power down very often, so a reboot might do the trick.
- Try deleting the app by holding your finger on the icon for a couple seconds and click the “x”. Then try to install again from the App Store.
- It could be that Apple’s servers are just overloaded with downloads from the App Store. Wait a few hours and hopefully the app will actually install.
Personally, I’ve never had an app fail to install altogether, so have some patience and hopefully one of the options above helped resolve your issue.Get Mobile Podcaster . . .